PeaceGeeks is very excited to announce a new partnership with Vancouver technology company Appnovation. Their team is contributing to the development of a new theme for the Amani Zen platform. To find out more about Appnovation and this partnership, visit http://www.appnovation.com/corporate-citizenship
You are here
Are you ready to partner with PeaceGeeks?
PeaceGeeks is looking for grassroots organizations in developing and conflict- affected areas who are interested in using technology to protect human rights in their community. We believe that grassroots organizations understand these types of issues better than anyone else and we would like to help your organization create the right solutions to them. We therefore invite you to learn more about what PeaceGeeks does and how partnering with us can make a difference in the work that you do. Partnership applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but we have an upcoming project in-take, for project starting in October! If you are ready to get started, please submit your project by September 30, 2014!
What PeaceGeeks Does:
- We create and deploy new websites for our partners based on their needs. (See Amani section below);
- We help our partners to increase awareness of their organization locally and internationally by providing communications and design consulting that improves their branding and online presence;
- We assist our partners in protecting the privacy of their information, and that of the people they help, from anti-democratic governments and groups;
- We provide our partners with social media and communications training that enables them to more effectively share information with their community, supporters, and organizational partners;
- We provide our partners with feedback on how effective their website is at communicating important information and suggest how it could be improved
The PeaceGeeks Promise:
PeaceGeeks has a record of reliably providing services to its non-profit partners and it promises
that by partnering with us your organization will be able to:
- Present itself professionally to current and potential supporters
- Create more awareness of your work and the issues at home and abroad
- Collect and present data that shows the impact of your work
- Have a website that is easy to manage and keep up to date
- Have a new or improved online presence
Are you Eligible to Partner with PeaceGeeks
You are if you:
1. Are a grassroots, non-profit organization based in a developing or conflict affected area.
2. Have a demonstrated track-record focused on the promotion of peace, human rights or accountability.
3. Possess content to populate website (such as photos, videos, newsletters, articles, documents stating mission, vision, programs etc.)
4. Have team resources able to commit to at least 5 hours per week to this project.
5. Experience using computers and the internet.
6. Can provide two references from independent organizations who can testify to your organization’s track record.
We do not partner with organizations that:
1. Are involved in partisan politics.
2. Have links to terrorist activities.
3. Engage in religious proselytizing or conversion activities.
4. Are based in the Global North and do not have partner organizations in the Global South (i.e. organizations based in the Global North that run projects in the Global South)
How to Apply:
PeaceGeeks is a Canadian non-profit organization that builds technology partnerships with grassroots, non-profit organizations in developing and conflict-affected areas to transform their efforts to promote peace, human rights and accountability. Established in 2011, we have worked with groups in Uganda, Kenya, South Sudan, Burundi, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Egypt, Palestine, Nepal, Philippines and Indonesia who focus on a range issues including gender-based violence, engaging youth in peacebuilding and development, empowering women through self-sufficiency and building networks of women in leadership. We have an established team of over 200 volunteer professionals experienced in fields such as web and software development, graphic design, communications, marketing, project management, social media and online security. Please see our website for more details.
Thanks to support from the Berghof Foundation, PeaceGeeks is excited to announce the launch of Amani 1.0, a tool that will allow us to rapidly launch sites for our partner organizations. With Amani our partners will be able to share their stories, collect data and map critical issues affecting their communities in real time. The open-source, scalable platform has a user-friendly interface that includes crisis mapping and content management capabilities. It has the ability to easily create sites with multiple languages that work on computers, tablets and smart phones. If you are interested in how Amani can help your organization please contact email@example.com.
Join PeaceGeeks founder, Renee Black, for a special information seminar about our exciting new project: Amani.
Renee is in New York to attend the UN-CSW and is seeking out launch partners for the Amani platform. The event will provide an overview of PeaceGeeks, how we partner on projects and, most importantly, how Amani can help your organization.